Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Poetry Revised for the Lovelorn

She walks in beauty like the night, not stopping at my apartment.

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways you have not re-tweeted though you and I both follow @FormaggioKitchen for the goat cheese tastings.

I knew a woman, lovely in her bones and from the clothing strewn across the kitchen floor, I guess you knew her too.

I know this was going to be our big make-up date, but my GPS screwed up and I took the road less traveled by and I’m really sorry. Just shoot me your zip plus four and I’ll send flowers.

It was just meaningless, emotionless sex. My mistress’ eyes are nothing like the sun. Yours totally are.

Okay, it’s true that one had a lovely face and two or three had charm, but honey, charm and face were in vain because the mountain grass cannot but keep the form where the mountain hare has lain. What I think Yeats is trying to say is come back, the mountain’s not the same without you, and that's what I'm trying to say too.

3 comments:

  1. I love it. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to visit more often. I love these and look forward to more...

    ReplyDelete