Monday, January 10, 2011

Tweeting From The Birdfeeder

Blue jay! Everyone scatter!

Fletch, the neighbor's lumbering fat Labrador! Quick, everyone scatter!

Nevermind. Friggin' titmice. They're easily confused with the Labrador if you have a resting heartbeat of 200 like I do.

Scatter!

Why?

Because in the birdfeeder is a seed I haven't seen before. It's an unknown seed. Unfamiliar to me. It's freaking me out.

Scatter, everyone! Squirrel!

Okay, okay. It's not a squirrel.

Regroup. Breathe.

Bring your heart rates back down to 200 by thinking about the seeds that are familiar.

It was just the friggin' titmice.

But you never know.

1 comment:

  1. That one had me laughing. And my boys will love it, because birds are all crazy like that.

    We have about 5 birdfeeders and one crazy blackbird that has to have control of all of them.

    Cracks us up.

    ReplyDelete