Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love Two Weeks

Suffer yourself to learn many words for one thing. - Srikanth Reddy


For fourteen days in February I get in to love, head-over-assedly, decadently, as into an expensive sports car I've had the audacity to rent. After that I forget again for 50 weeks.

What was that speed and precision-tuning like? That supple interior? That Italian stitching? What mad pursuit? I don't drive like that all year so why try? To keep gunning the engine? Why? After Valentine's nothing for a sweet nothing is what I've got in my pocket. I'm happy to see you, sure, but I won't be caught with a heart-shaped card.

This year, it's going to be different; I am determined to keep the driving gloves on. I plan to keep them on past the 15th, when all the hearts go stale. I might make it even into spring, being loving.

1 comment: