Tuesday, September 27, 2011

More Mindfulness

Yesterday I focused on my breath. Got a anatomy book out and located my lungs.

Then I forgot my focus, as usual. But once or twice caught it and was surprised as an old dog might be by the successful catch of a squirrel. Got it by the tail, Master! Look, here it is, my breath, hanging upside down in my teeth! Master! Look! Woof!

Woof! was the sound of my breath leaving my body. Gone. On to the next doggish task.

Gnawing on things. Licking. Barking at things.

2 comments:

  1. Argh. I just left a totally insightful comment about how awesome doggish tasks are and how I was acting like a friendly and gallumphing large dog yesterday, but blogger took against it. Also, your mindfulness is impressive; I only manage it when in motion or doing something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: I'm nominating you for the prestigious and highly coveted Versatile Blogger Award on Monday (which you can accept, or not...it's completely up to you)! Congratulations! :-D

    Incidentally, my post (Food for Thought) will be live around 5am EST and I've linked to your site. Hope that was okay and that you'll be somewhat flattered. ;-)

    Thanks so much for writing so well (hence, the award)!

    Best,

    Planet Mom

    www.melindawentzel.com

    ReplyDelete