Thursday, October 4, 2012

Subconsciousness

I've been dabbling in Jung. Result: I have an interest in dreams. Thinking it was going to be very revealing,  I asked my kids "What did you dream last night?" What it revealed is that, in kids, there is a thin film, like just a cobweb, between the subconscious and the conscious, but for us adults there is a defensive wall of brick, like the Great Wall of China.

My son, 7, who had been pretending to be a cheetah all afternoon after school, said, "I dreamed I was a cheetah."

My daughter, 5, who had been drawing pictures of fairies said, "I was sleeping in a buttercup."

"What about you, Mom?" They asked, "What did you dream?" I didn't want to say a wolf and a madman and a faucet that was constantly dripping. So I said, "Oh, you know, sweeties,  a little of this, a little of that."

1 comment:

  1. These іngrеdiеnts аlsο ωork togetheг
    to asѕist lighten thе skin аnd maіntain the oѵеrall look
    natural аnd constant.

    Also vіѕit my ѕite; [4
    my web page - http://www.openio.nl/w/index.php?title=Gebruiker:MaximoFor

    ReplyDelete