Monday, December 15, 2014

All Wrapped Up


Here's the deal. My kids believe in Santa. It's a collective con we're all in on.

Therefore, presents must be wrapped in paper they've not seen and wrapped well for otherwise -- if the wrapping paper is not foreign, indicative of a North Pole-ian provenance, something with l'il reindeers and fruitcakes, and wrapped professional as if by elves -- they're like, "Mom? Is this really from Santa?" "It looks haphazard, as if it was wrapped by you late on a Tuesday with newspaper and chicken-roasting twine." And, friends, it was. 

My children are very observant.

I know it sounds crazy, but I purchase beautiful fancy thick wrapping paper and I use it only to wrap the so-called Santa gifts and with the wrapping of those gifts I try really hard to be all Japanese aesthetic and careful and use ruler and a smoother, and bow-tie with satin and grosgrain ribbon like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment