Thursday, October 1, 2015

Weather Event





Nothing so focuses me as an opportunity. To get my knickers in a twist. Adrenaline. Weather events. I take after my paternal grandfather. He fed himself on the milk of Pepto-Bismol.

I am shortly to go to storm-prep shopping with a Shopping List of Hysteria on which I have written: Tuna. Bottled water. Wine. Generator (but only if on sale). Vogue. The thickest issue I can put my paws on.

Meteorologists are calling Joaquin "erratic" and "uncertain" in its "cone." Men. Ha. I'm more uncertain about the waterproofness of my new suede clogs, which is dunderheaded and petty and a first world problem. I would be rearranging deck chairs on Titanic.

I am a conehead.

Gird Up Your Loins, Elizabeth! is something I have never said until I found an extremely helpful picture of how to do it. That's what's been missing. Not the desire, but the how. The DIY.


















1 comment:

  1. We attended an event here this past Sunday & had an awesome experience from beginning to end. They served great food and the salad I had for dinner was delicious. The service at best boozy brunch nyc also was impeccable.

    ReplyDelete