Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Fangirl of Ocean Science





From the NOAA Okeanos Explorer website:  "From April 20 to July 10, 2016, scientists will investigate and document deepwater environments in and around the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Island and the Marianas Trench Marine National Monument." 

Squeeeee! Yaaaaas! Deepwater is such a great compound noun. It's the combination of two boss nouns.

Frisson of excitement: I've been following NOAA's Okeanos Explorer like the power pose drawing of a fangirl:  


from  The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy: A Handbook for Girl Geeksthe tremendous how-to by Sam Maggs. Maggs has given me the words I lacked for what I am.  I'm a fangirl of ocean science.

At the risk of getting misty, the ocean is where it all began: Life on Earth, etc. 

To show my love, to wear my heart on my sleeve and my #oceanoptimism,  I wear octopus-print pajamas.  "No water, no life; no blue, no green," said legendary ocean researcher and my hero, Sylvia Earle. I support Mission Blue. 





No comments:

Post a Comment