Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Flying Fish




To begin, here's Oprah voice-over narrating the flying fish because there is just not enough of that.

Flying fish can make "powerful, self-propelled leaps out of water into air, where their long, wing-like fins enable gliding flight for considerable distances over the water's surface." That strikes me as profound, but I'm not going to unpack the metaphor. I'm going to let you have it.

I got my nails done.  I was going to go for the raw-tuna-steak-deep red called  Nobody Knows I'm A Waitress, but, in a last minute change of heart (and I guess, waitress), I went for Cantaloupe.

It's bright orange, just this side of School Bus, Nacho, and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese "It's The Cheesiest." It's loud.


It goes with nothing I own. I was wearing a wan sad floral scoop-neck. The guy took one look at my skin which is the color of a pastry bag. He said, "Are you sure?"

I couldn't very well say actually, really, if we're having this intimate moment that I think we're having  essentially, honey, I'm never sure of anything.  I told him the color reminded me of tobiko, flying fish roe, and that I was working to be of service to marine conservation and the loudness of my nails would remind me of my commitment.






No comments:

Post a Comment