Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Marine Worm, or A Woman My Ex-Boyfriend Cheated On Me With?




SO EAGER TO PLEASE THEY CAN EVEN BE TRAINED! (False advertising! Maybe your sea monkeys could. Mine never could be trained because: Duh. They're brine shrimp. They scooted around their plastic-castle-in-a-bowl and then they died.)

As I was going through my field guide to the North Atlantic seashore as one does when, of a night, one does not sleep due to perimenopausal night sweats (women over 40, you know what I'm talking about) and reading about marine worms -- I was struck by how similar their common names were to the girlfriends of my crummy ex-boyfriend.

But don't take my word for it. See if you can tell the difference:

Rosy Magelonas
Rosie I-don't-know-her-last-name
Rosa (who spoke Portuguese)
Nereis
Nina (she was adorable)
Natalie
Nematode
Naphtalia (she was from Israel)
Dumeril's Clam Worm
Clarissa
Donna (Srsly? Who sleeps with someone named Donna? And on my futon at Smith?)
Stacey
Red-gilled Marphysa
'Lex, short for Alex, short for Alexandra, short for are you kidding me? Her, too? 
Opal
Opal Worm
Faye (who was a marine worm of the heart for a lot of people)

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

    ( agbazara@gmail.com )
    OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete